Discover the Opportunity of Cleantech
How can researchers and business leaders can work together to create a sustainable future, develop solutions to the climate crisis, and build innovative businesses in cleantech?
R3 Cleantech will highlight resources available for researchers to bring their innovations to the world and making positive environmental impacts. NBIF is convening the province’s researchers, entrepreneurs, and industry leaders to showcase New Brunswick’s cleantech stories.
Join us for sessions on building green start-ups, accessing research expertise and capacity, and panel discussions on building collaborative projects in cleantech!
- Connect with Cleantech Leaders
We can do great things through collaboration, and this event will enable attendees to engage with cleantech and climate change experts from around the province. Build relationships with leaders in business and research from around the province and nationally. Find the expertise you need to realize a cleantech solution or build a collaborative project.
- Be Empowered to Act
Take your ideas further- This R3 event will inspire the NB research and innovation community to rise to the challenges of climate change and sustainability, and the opportunities of cleantech businesses. Building your knowledge and network will position you and your organization to act on the needs and challenges we face. Become leaders in the cleantech revolution and position the province for a more sustainable future.
• A Spotlight on Successful Cleantech start-ups – Which young companies have been successful in cleantech and how did they get there? Learn more from the leaders and entrepreneurs shaping the future of cleantech.
• Research Capacity for Cleantech – What expertise, expertise, and partnership opportunities exist to bring cleantech innovation to life? Learn what the province’s research leaders are doing and how you can get involved.
• Adapting to our Changing Climate – Implementing measures that will help us adapt to climate change will position our businesses and communities for long-term success. What are the key issues in climate change adaptation and what measures will be most important for New Brunswick’s businesses and communities?
• Cleantech at Corporations– How can NB companies best implement cleantech? This session will discuss the challenges and opportunities of implementing cleaner technologies in industry. Learn the business case for going green and the return on investment.
• Leveraging the Support Network for Commercializing Cleantech – Representatives from the national cleantech innovation ecosystem will discuss how to build successful projects and collaborations that accelerate an innovation to market.
• Finding the Market for Cleantech Innovation – A discussion of how Cleantech must align with the needs of a market. How to find the market your cleantech innovation? This panel of experts will share their expertise in navigating the market for a sustainable solution.
Students from New Brunswick’s Research Institutes are invited to present a poster on their research!
If you are a student engaged in a research project related to cleantech development, climate change adaptation, or environmental stewardship, we want to learn about your research. Students will have the opportunity to present their work and engage both the research community and industry.
Students are invited to submit poster abstracts via our portal. See the portal for information on competition criteria. Abstracts will be accepted starting Sept. 29, 2021. Cash prizes available!
Applications open October 6th.
Keynote presenters will be announced shortly!
COVID-19 Attendance Policy:
Registering and choosing to attend this event in person, you adhere to the COVID-19 health and safety mandate put in place by the Province of New Brunswick. As of September 22, 2021, Proof of Vaccination is required to access indoor non-essential services, including organized gatherings such as conferences and workshops. R3 attendees will be required to show their record of immunization or medical exemption certificate and a government-issued identification at the registration desk to access the event. There will be no collection of information or keeping of records.
For more information on the Province of New Brunswick COVID-19 health and safety mandate and guidelines, please visit: https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/corporate/promo/covid-19/nb-vaccine/Proof-of-Vaccination.html